Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 7: My tour was just a little longer than Gilligan's (May 23-29)

I got my check for the week done early on and now I can relax and think about the 3 day weekend ahead. On Sunday, I flew 45 miles(20 min) to an island at the other end of the atoll, Roi. Sunday was spent hanging out in the water at the beach, yummy sunset dinner, and great conversation that kept me up most of the night. Monday, tired and weary, I climbed on deck "Down East Trader" and sailed 7.5 hours from Roi back home to Kwaj across the largest atoll in the world. It was a great day, I was able to take a little nap, managed to not get sunburned despite the sun bearing down at full force and a little bought of queasiness brought on towards the end. I was hesitant to go, having never sailed for more than a couple hours at a time, but knew that I may never have the chance again if I said no. I am so thankful that I went and had the chance to interact with new friends and just be in the moment, not feeling the need to stress about life or work since there was nothing I could do about it. I must say, I live in a specatularly beautiful part of the world and when I leave here to move on, I will have a very hard time saying goodbe. Sun, drinking, staying up way too late, and exhaustion got the better of me, I was in bed at 8:15 last night and slept straight through (quite a feat for me) until 6:15 this morning. I am hoping tonight will be just as restful.

No comments: