Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 8: A Flirty Skirt (May 30-June 5)

A few weeks back I saw an adorable tutorial for a reversible wrap around skirt (wish I remembered where...). I read through it quickly and thought, "I can totally do that".

Enter a 3 day weekend...I spent a coupld days laying in the sun and relaxing on the beach, but Monday afternoon I was a little peeved over a personal situation and my neighbor and I thought it would be brilliant to get the party started inside. So between the Malibu and Monsters I was mixing up for us, I managed to sew a reversible wrap around skirt in some beautiful fabric I picked up last year in Tokyo. (pics to come soon) In retrospect I should have read the directions for sizing; mine ended up a little too big and despite sizing it down 2 times, the end result is still too big! Since I am in the midst of losing some weight, I figure I will wait until I get back from summer to resize it to a better fit. It turned out very dressy and I am excited to find a white lace tanktop to wear with it this fall.

No comments: