Friday, May 7, 2010

Week 4: 2 more for a total of 3 new things

So I wasn't sure what I was going to do this week for my new experience. It wasn't even until I was in the tap class Wednesday night that I realized that tap would be my experience for the week. It is funny how things fall into our laps; 3 days ago I had nothing and now I have 3 for the week.

#1 Tap class (BTW the second tap class was one of the most FRUSTRATING hours in a long time, why can'y everything come naturally to me!!)

#2 BINGO - I have never played grown up bingo before. When I was young I played with an at home set I got from Santa one year and have played academic versions with my students, but to play with a bunch of competitive adults was something totally new for me. I loved that I had to use a dotter and each game had a different configuration to try and win. The only thing that would have made the experience even better would have been if I could have yelled "BINGO" and taken home some dough.



#3 Pandanus Fruit - I don't get to try new foods very often on my little island, but I was able to try an indeginous fruit called pandanus. It is eaten much like sugar cane, where one just chews on it letting the juice seep out and the fiberous pulp gets spit out. It wasn't quite as sweet as sugar cane, but has just the right amount of sweetness as it goes down.

No comments: