Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 4: Step, Stomp, Stamp, Buffalo (May 2-8)

Tap lessons--->YIKES!! Last night was my first tap class EVER! I grew up dancing and have taken classes as an adult. Give me a jazz, lyrical, modern and even hip hop class and I can do most things; granted I will never look AMAZING doing them, but nonetheless I know what my body should be doing. Tap is a whole new game. I have taken a few classes from my instructor Mrs. K before and am familiar with her teaching style. Thank goodness she is patient and doesn't mind my incessant "can we do that again?" Although my feet are a little sore today, I am feeling pretty good and nervous/excited for my second class tomorrow.

Why tap? Well, I signed myself up for a dance class in the fall that hip hop/tap and performs in the spring recital here on island. I thought I should get an intro to tap before I start the performance class in September.

No comments: