Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week 20: A Master at One Thing or Another (August 15-21)

In 2005 I completed my first Master's degree in Educational Technology. It was a natural fit for me and I often found myself a little bored in my classes because I would have a similar or even a couple times, deeper knowledge of computers than my instructors. I remember in my very first Master's class in 2003, every student had to pick a feature in Word and "teach" it to the class. I remember classmates doing stupid simple things like bullets and how to save a template, well I taught the class how to use the track feature to show changes. The professor had never seen this before and was amazed, he asked for my notes so that he could add teaching this tool to his future classes. I should have known at that point that I would have to push to challenge myself. I am not trying to be up on my high and mighty horse, but trying to make a point that the last time I went to school, it was a breeze.

Now it is 2010 and I have taken some classes over the past years, but decided that I should take credits and have them count towards another degree. This week I completed the first class in my second Master's degree. I am pursuing a degree in Teacher Leadership in the hopes that it will help me to get a job as a district professional development coordinator in the future. I have always had a passion for helping teachers make positive changes that will positively impact students and look forward to doing this full time someday.

Oh yeah, I did well in the class, A's on all but one assignment!

No comments: