Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Week 11: Black Bean Brownies(June 20-26)

Nothing like writing a little late (like 2 weeks late). I have been on the road going from NM to UT to now CO, where I will spend the next month. It is funny how before I left my little island, I thought 8 weeks, no big deal, but now that I am here: I miss my bed, I miss my friends, I miss my simple island life. 5.5 weeks left to visit and take in the states before I head back.

Week 11- I found a recipe in a recent Consumer Reports and thought hmmm... I should try that. They were interesting. I ended up adding a THICK layer of chocolate frosting that made them ohh so yummy!!

Black Bean Brownies
1 box brownie mix
1 can (15 oz) black beans

Open the can of black beans, rinse well. With beans back in the can, add enough water to cover beans. Put in blender or food processor and puree. Add puree to brownie mix, and then bake according to package directions.

You DO NOT add the eggs or oil that the recipe calls for, JUST the black bean puree!

One note, I baked for 50 minutes and they just never quite finished. I figured since there were no eggs, it didn't hurt to take them out even though the middle wasn't quite done. A night in the fridge helped to harden them up and make them very fudgy.

No comments: