Monday, July 19, 2010

Week 13: Rocky Mountian High Colorado (July 4 - July 10)

This week was all about hanging out with my brother and nephew (my SIL was out of town for a memorial service).

Take me off the road...
On Thursday, my brother took my dad and I off roading on the mountain across the valley from Beaver Creek Resort. I had never been off-raoding and had a smashing time. We made it up to the treeline of aspens and there were a few patches of snow, even though it is the middle of July. I only needed to use the "ohh poop" handle a few times when we were coming done some rocks that were more than a little steep.

Pitch a tent and roast some s'mores...
A few days later, on Saturday, I went camping with the boys up past an area called Berry Creek in Edwards, CO. My nephew LOVES camping and well I LOVE my nephew so even though I detest camping, along I went. We had gorgeous views of the valley and endured a rain storm that forced us inside the truck for our dinner of hot dogs and corn on the cob. I slept less than well, but did manage to stay warm under TWO sleeping bags. Right before a bedtime story of Walter the Farting Dog we indulged in s'mores over the camp stove.

No comments: