Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 2: 2 New States and Speak at a National Education Conference (April 18-24)

This week I am on a TDY trip to the states to present at the Advanc-ED conference. Advanc-ED is my schools accreditation organization and there are usually abut 10,000 people in attendance. I presented one of the breakout sessions with a co-worker on the process of developing a vision statement and helping all stakeholders embrace the vision of the school. It was nerve-racking and overwhelming and I am glad that it is over. It was also a great experience and I enjoyed presenting, as well as attending other sessions and learning all about continuous improvement.

A byproduct of my attending this conference is I was able to cross 2 states off my list of places to visit in this life. GEORGIA and SOUTH CAROLINA. The conference was held in Atlanta and I was able to stay extend my trip for a few days and drive up to Columbia, SC to visit a friend I have known for 15 years, since high school. There is such a satisfaction in crossing off a state and knowing that I have been someplace new.

No comments: