Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 33: Hoards of Food (Nov 21-27)

Yikes, a lot of food was consumed by me this week. I think I set a record for the number of Thanksgiving meals I have personally eaten. By the time the week was over I had downed 4 delicious dinners fully of yummy morsels.
Dinner 1: It all began with the Third Grade International Tasting Party on Wednesday. We had 23 dishes from countries around the world that included perogies, cheese curds, and coconut rice balls (my favorite!).
Dinner 2: On Thursday, I was invited to a Thanksgiving Feast fit for a King. It was in the backyard of someones home and even though it was raining it was quite to wonderful traditional Thanksgiving full of turkey, mashed potatoes and more.
Dinner 3: PDR on Friday (Kwaj Thanksgiving Day)- Every year I look forward to Thanksgiving with my Kwaj friends. We all crowd around tables at the chow hall and gorge on some of the best food the dining hall prepares all year long. There is copious amounts of consumption of turkey, crab legs and delicious desserts to tempt the pallet.
Dinner 4: Cafe Roi on Friday - For my second Thanksgiving Day meal, I dined at the chow hall on Roi with Kwaj friends and the boy, FS. I was full and really didn't need anymore food, but once I tasted the yummy sweet potatoes, I couldn't stop. They were AMAZINGLY delicious and I think I may have gone back for 3rds on them.
I think I spent the rest of the weekend eating pretty much nothing since I was stuffed to the brim and sleeping off a food hangover. Good thing Thanksgiving comes around only 1X a year!

No comments: