Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tough Stuff

So it has been a rough day for me. At lunch it was starting to rain and I stopped by my BQ to pick up a jacket before I headed back to work and saw my answering machine light flashing. I took a quick listen and it was my dad asking me to call him. I knew instantly that something was wrong and that I needed to talk to him sooner rather than later. I called him when I got to work and found out the news we had all been waiting on; the biopsy he had about 2 weeks ago confirmed prostate cancer. It was caught early, which is good, but I am still just numb from it all and can't seem to stop crying. Needless to say it has been a rough day and I am looking forward to talking to my parents again tomorrow. Being out here is so hard because I want to be there with them and hug them and know that everything is going to be okay, but instead I am thousands of miles away praying for them and waiting for news as it comes.

No comments: