Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Grown up Pants!

This week I am working on putting on my grown up pants and dealing with the future. 5 months ago, I started dating an amazing guy and in the last week he put in his 90 days at work and is beginning to talk more about his impending move back to the real world 7,000 miles away from here. I have gone through the gamet of emotions from being excited for him to begin this next chapter in his life and start accomplishing a life long goal that he has to being heartbroken that I won't get to see him and that it could mean the end of us. We have begun to talk about what the future holds for us and it has basically been me breaking down in tears everytime I think about it. Although we knew 5 months ago this was coming, I think we avoided the topic for so long, that now it is pretty painful for me to discuss, but he is convinced the more we talk about what will happen in 3 months the better it will be. I have always said that long distance relationships don't work, but he has me second guessing everything else that I know about relationships, so I would be willing to give it a go for him...if he is willing to as well.

No comments: